Monday, December 20, 2010

A Little Behind The Scenes

Over the years I've been asked many times how I do what I do. At the same time this and other questions are being asked while one will have someone or more watching you do what you do. Many moons ago, at first it was intimidating
having someone watching you and asking questions. Over time that goes away and you just do what you know. And hopefully along the way the people observing take away a fun experience.

Fun fact about me- some of the most fun I have creating is the model shoots. Don't get me wrong, I love the painting part but the model shoot is just plain old fun. In our adulthood we forget how much fun it is to play in costume. But then I started to realize, and I think my friends and family did as well, that its super fun. Especially for us fantasy illustrators. We get to wield swords, wear armor and sweet costumes.

I thought I'd share a quick behind the scenes of my piece entitled Ascendancy. A quick few model shoot photos and work in progress to finish. I have to give a big thanks to Courtney for being such a great model and having a lot of fun with it. By the way, be sure to wish her congrats because she also gets married in a few short weeks! Also, big thanks to Kyle and Ashley for being great light and prop holders! Enjoy the fun!!!



















No comments: